The views expressed in community are solely the opinions of participants, and do not reflect those of What to Expect. Learn more about our guidelines
Just so you know, What to Expect may make commissions on shopping links on this page.

Could my baby boy be a baby girl???

So I’m a young single ftm (18) and when I first went in for an appointment, I was 16 weeks (I know it’s late I was scared) and they did an ultrasound to check if everything was okay, they told me right there that it was a boy, but I feel like it was too early to tell? I got my second ultrasound (anatomy scan) at 23 weeks, and was hoping that they would show the gender again, just because I was a little suspicious, but the baby’s legs were too close together, and they couldn’t tell.. I always dream it’s a girl but I’m sure I’m just going crazy! Can that happen where they mistake the gender or am I just trippin haha

*pic inserted is the 16 week scan*

Like Love Hug Funny Sad Wow
20+ Similar Discussions Found
17 Comments
Oldest First
k
kdkcjk

Looks like a boy to me, from my understanding girls usually have three lines.

elizabethjpearce
@kdkcjk,

yeah I had no idea haha thank you

DexterDog

That’s a boy. Both of my boys looked the same.

l
love22221

You should have another u/s. I was told boy at 14 weeks & it wasn’t a clear pic then at my anatomy scan 19 Wks told girl.

F
Feisty Penguin

My 16 wk said boy...later on they said girl ����‍♀️

momma20ajs

happened to me

16 wks boy

20 girl

mommasanchi

It’s possible as it happened to me. 16 weeks I was told girl and 20 weeks it was def a boy!

Just buy colorful things or stick or grey and white as it would stink to buy all blue or pink and have to change it.

U
Unexpected2019
Looks like a boy to me. Yes, they can make mistakes and that is on the early side for gender but it's rare to mistake the gender. I have 2 boys and they are super sweet and love their mama. If you plan an having more, having a boy first is good too if you have a girl later she'll have a protective big brother...lol. seriously though, a mother son bond is incredible. You'll be surprised.
realm984
Definitely looks like a boy! If you have a growth scan, they can verify it then. I’ve heard that you tend to dream the opposite of what you’re having. Sure that’s a silly old wives’ tale, but I dreamt right before my anatomy scan I was having a boy and I’m having a girl
ZahBella

thats a little sausage

K
Kc1993

looks like a boy