SOLVED

How to Screen Record on HP Laptop Windows 11 Computer?

Copper Contributor

I'm figuring out how to screen record on HP laptop that has Windows 11. I need to be able to record my screen for work purposes, and I'm not sure what steps to take. I've searched online for tutorials or guides, but most of them are outdated and not applicable to my current operating system. Can anyone provide step-by-step instructions or suggest a reliable screen recording software for Windows 11? Thank you.

Update:  Please don't send me any more messages. I'm already using the Aiseesoft Screen Recorder program. It's a very good tool and worth a try!

screen-recoder.png

7 Replies

@DimondH Hello DimondH,
You can record the screen using the Snipping Tool app like in the tutorial below.

https://www.elevenforum.com/t/record-screen-with-snipping-tool-app-in-windows-11.11190/

You can accomplish this easily with Snipping tool app.

Open Snipping tool app on your system (it comes pre-installed on Windows 11).

Click on Video icon, then click +New and start recording.

When you're done, recording would be saved to your device.
Snipping tool app may not capture high-quality videos, as it is not optimized for capturing high-resolution videos with high frame rates.
best response confirmed by DimondH (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@DimondH 

Screen recording on an HP laptop running Windows 11 can be done easily using the built-in tools provided by the operating system, as well as through third-party software. Here are some methods you can us

1. Xbox Game Bar

Xbox Game Bar is a feature built into Windows 11 that allows you to record your screen, particularly useful for gaming but also applicable for general screen recording.

• Press Windows Key + G to open the Xbox Game Bar. If it's your first time using it, you might have to go through a short setup process.

• Click on the “Start Recording” button or press Windows Key + Alt + R to start recording.

• Press Windows Key + Alt + R again to stop the recording. Your video will be saved automatically in the 'Videos' folder under 'Captures'.

2. PowerPoint

PowerPoint, part of Microsoft Office, also allows you to record your screen and is a good option if you're already using the Office suite.

• Create a new presentation or open an existing one.

• Click on the 'Insert' tab and select 'Screen Recording'.

• Choose the area of your screen you want to record and then click the 'Record' button.

• Once done, you can save the recording as a separate file.

Using Third-Party Software

There are numerous third-party applications available for screen recording, such as Aiseesoft Screen Recorder.  It is a totally free app and provides more advanced features such as editing and more control over the recording settings.

• Download it from the official website, and install it on your HP laptop.

• Open the software and set up your recording preferences, such as the area of the screen to record, audio settings, and video quality.

• Use the software’s interface to start and stop the recording.

• After recording, save the file, and use any available editing features if needed

3-choose-screen-size.png

I tried the Xbox Game Bar, but it didn't work, as it only allows users to record audio from the microphone or external device, but cannot capture system audio.

@Lurtoonans 

I use the Xbox Gamebar but it only records for short periods. Can I make it record until I stop it?

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by DimondH (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@DimondH 

Screen recording on an HP laptop running Windows 11 can be done easily using the built-in tools provided by the operating system, as well as through third-party software. Here are some methods you can us

1. Xbox Game Bar

Xbox Game Bar is a feature built into Windows 11 that allows you to record your screen, particularly useful for gaming but also applicable for general screen recording.

• Press Windows Key + G to open the Xbox Game Bar. If it's your first time using it, you might have to go through a short setup process.

• Click on the “Start Recording” button or press Windows Key + Alt + R to start recording.

• Press Windows Key + Alt + R again to stop the recording. Your video will be saved automatically in the 'Videos' folder under 'Captures'.

2. PowerPoint

PowerPoint, part of Microsoft Office, also allows you to record your screen and is a good option if you're already using the Office suite.

• Create a new presentation or open an existing one.

• Click on the 'Insert' tab and select 'Screen Recording'.

• Choose the area of your screen you want to record and then click the 'Record' button.

• Once done, you can save the recording as a separate file.

Using Third-Party Software

There are numerous third-party applications available for screen recording, such as Aiseesoft Screen Recorder.  It is a totally free app and provides more advanced features such as editing and more control over the recording settings.

• Download it from the official website, and install it on your HP laptop.

• Open the software and set up your recording preferences, such as the area of the screen to record, audio settings, and video quality.

• Use the software’s interface to start and stop the recording.

• After recording, save the file, and use any available editing features if needed

3-choose-screen-size.png

View solution in original post