Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

I'd have been far happier with this as the Moonkin form

Yes, fully aware it's personal preference etc, but silver and purple colouring of this to me would have been far more appealing for the druid moonkin form. This actually looks like an owl man, looks intelligent too.

The current moonkin looks more like a chicken/turkey - with its eyes infront instead of to the side and its very chicken/turkey like face. Not an Owl man/bear at all.

Compared to

One actually looks very intelligent, and like an actual owl man high intellect caster, the other looks dumb and aggressive like a savage beast.

Well, just shows that they can get it right, they just choose not to half of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd would be much happier if they just updated the model altogether.

They did it with Tauren/HM Tauren models. They should with Night Elf, Troll and Worgen as well. Perhaps some color variations.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2019-12-02 at 10:52 AM.

Thought this was going to be about the Kul Tiran boomkin form.

druids are supposed to be somewhat "savage", I hate the path blizzard has taken balance druids down. they've made them astral arcane casters rather than the nature oriented casters they should be and the spec really only makes sense for night elves at this point.

druids aren't mages

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    Looks fine to me...

I wish the Boomy could stay in the caster form without the astral coloring - either by glyph or toggle. Sometimes I like the Boomy form but having the choice would be great. It sucks having a nice xmog only to never see it when you are actually fighting.
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't..

Quote Originally Posted by Sosuke Aizen View Post
    I wish the Boomy could stay in the caster form without the astral coloring - either by glyph or toggle. Sometimes I like the Boomy form but having the choice would be great. It sucks having a nice xmog only to never see it when you are actually fighting.
    That's true for all druid roles though... except healer, no idea why healer lost their form.

Quote Originally Posted by Sosuke Aizen View Post
    I agree, I don't even play my balance druid anymore because I get bored of moonkin form but glyph of stars is so god damn bad. just doesn't feel like a druid at all

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I'd would be much happier if they just updated the model altogether.

They did it with Tauren/HM Tauren models. They should with Night Elf, Troll and Worgen as well. Perhaps some color variations.
    you're aware they did it, highmountain tauren were the last to be updated

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    That's true for all druid roles though... except healer, no idea why healer lost their form.
    They can definitely allow all the forms to retain their original look, I guess we'll see what customization we get in the next expansion. For Bear and Kitty, the looks from Legion were helpful - when I get bored of one look I end up going to the Mage Tower or PVP skins. For healer, yeah I can't complain there - sometimes I put on the tree form but mostly stay in caster form so I can see my gear.

Who knows, maybe we can actually get gear in forms as an option.
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't..

Thought this was going to be about the Kul Tiran boomkin form.
    i figured it would be about "a new npc model we have seen once" because new stuff is always better than old stuff right?

I suspect resto druids lost perma tree form for pvp balance initially. Tree form used to be a talent if I recall and it increased your healing ability with a downside of moving slower. I think it made resto too strong in arena at the time, and it later became a cooldown, so resto druids would have to shapeshift to avoid polymorphs instead of being perma immune to it.

No proof on that, just my opinion.

Moonkin have always looked like a complete failure of the genetic lottery. Them being called "owl beasts" is an insult to every owl in existance.

The owl guys from SL at least capture some of what owls are supposed to look like, but they still look a bit silly.

At the end of the day the glyph is still the best thing that happened to druids in 15 years of WoW.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well... i do think that it would be nice if Blizzard added new druid forms with the covenant, in the end, is all about the armor, but what's the point of armor you cannot see?

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the moonkin form. /shrug
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I love the moonkin form. /shrug
    Strangely I'm not surprised at all.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    i use glyph of stars so i dont actually see moonkin form anymore despite loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Yes, fully aware it's personal preference etc, but silver and purple colouring of this to me would have been far more appealing for the druid moonkin form. This actually looks like an owl man, looks intelligent too.

The current moonkin looks more like a chicken/turkey - with its eyes infront instead of to the side and its very chicken/turkey like face. Not an Owl man/bear at all.

One actually looks very intelligent, and like an actual owl man high intellect caster, the other looks dumb and aggressive like a savage beast.

Well, just shows that they can get it right, they just choose not to half of the time.
    Who died and made you the judge of which design is 'right?'

Plenty of people love the classic moonkin forms, just because you don't doesn't inherently mean something is wrong with it.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Im kinda hoping that they make it into a glyph for boomkins. Old Glyph of the stars was great! It was less blue and you could see your mog but they changed that. Honestly, you roll a druid so you shouldnt expect to see your gear really. The whole purpose of the class is to turn into powerful forms to increase your role. I am happy they did the Legion forms and I really do hope that they continue it down the line because we do need something other then giant turkey man or a member of the blue man group for balance druids
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But then again, in the story, we're pretty brutal murder machines and not really "strategical assets". Just send us in and we'll murder everything in our way!
    So I guess the solution here is simple - we'll murder everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    druids are supposed to be somewhat "savage", I hate the path blizzard has taken balance druids down. they've made them astral arcane casters rather than the nature oriented casters they should be and the spec really only makes sense for night elves at this point.

druids aren't mages
    Current balance should have been a priest spec, essentially what disc is. Druids should have had a nature based caster spec using plants and insects.
    I like current balance, but it should really be a priest spec.

To allow them to be cc'd in pvp.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."