Cultivated Reef

Bryopsis Algae?

.Newman.

sorry if I misspelled the name but is this in my pic bryopsis algae? There is my finger at the bottom for size reference. The algae is contained on this one rock which has my HH colony of Porites. if it is indeed the dreaded bryiopsis, how can I remove it w/o doing anything bad to the Porites?

thank you all for your help!

goldifhs157.jpg

I say it is contained on that rock because although I saw a strand of it growing on another spot of my LR a while back, overnight it vanished so I assume something in my tank ate it?

BAH, darn it. well I hope I can find something like that in my LFS... can probably find the Kent M but the Mag test idk...

I kinda wish the porites would kill off the algae as it spreads across that rock...

yup, looks like I need to get the Kent brand exactly and slowly raise it up to at least 1600ppm...not gonna be easy in a 3 gal tank >_<

thanks for the help people :)

what brand test kit do you suggest? maybe something less expensive than Salifert? (I doubt my LFS even carries the salifert one..)

yup, looks like I need to get the Kent brand exactly and slowly raise it up to at least 1600ppm...not gonna be easy in a 3 gal tank >_<

thanks for the help people :)

what brand test kit do you suggest? maybe something less expensive than Salifert? (I doubt my LFS even carries the salifert one..)

Red Sea carries a 11-12$ kit. Its a PITA, but for what youre gonna be usin it for, it is worth the hassle for the price.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=227782

^^^ for extra help

Thank you for the link :)

I bought the Magnesium supplement from Kent, but as I expected no LFS carries a Mg test kit >_> Not even the Red Sea one which was out of stock. Is it worth it ordering online? =/

Archived