Top Shelf Aquatics

HELP: Parasite on my Blenny?

Squared

Really hard to tell from that photo, but it could be a fluke or some type of external parasite, not sure.

Whit the description you make, it does not sound like a fluke as a fluke is all soft but it does not sound like something that should be there either. Does the fish scratch and rub on things? If not then I would not worry too much. You could try a dip in paraguard and see if this fall off.

ok, i think this thing changes shape...and sometimes lets out that stringy thing. ????

the blenny is acting perfectly normal, no scraping on rocks, no erratic swimming paterns, eating well.

i don't think so. like i said it might change shape and release this wierd thing strand...

it looks a lot thinner now. it's not trying to eat my blenny's brain is it? :scarry:

If it gets crazy, sedate him with clove oil or Finquel (spelling?) and pluck it off with tweezers. I'd think of it as an extra hair, simply needs to be plucked. It loons awfully similar to his antennas/eyebrows.

Just sit tight and watch what happen.

i cannot sit tight...

and if it is a parasite, woudn't i run to the risk of leaving part of it in the flesh of the fish? would that be bad?

Maybe it is a anchor worm? It does look like one but I thought they were only freshwater parasite? Do you have any cleaner shrimp in there?

I first thought it could be a bristle from a bristle worm but if you say it changes form then it is not that and probably alive.

Archived