Midas Blenny Parasite?

Belwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up this Midas blenny last week and have been watching him with a close eye for any issues popping up. I noticed he has a white section on one side that looks like either a scar, or a worm. Can anyone identify it for me and suggest a remedy, or tell me to chill out. Blenny has been fine since he has been in the tank, eating lots, picked out his territory, and swims around the tank most of the day. He does seem to scratch himself on a filter sometimes.
IMG-5_LI.jpg
IMG-4.jpg

These are the best photos I could get, sorry for the poor quality.

Thank you.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Am I seeing multiple dots on the fish?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up this Midas blenny last week and have been watching him with a close eye for any issues popping up. I noticed he has a white section on one side that looks like either a scar, or a worm. Can anyone identify it for me and suggest a remedy, or tell me to chill out. Blenny has been fine since he has been in the tank, eating lots, picked out his territory, and swims around the tank most of the day. He does seem to scratch himself on a filter sometimes.
IMG-5_LI.jpg
IMG-4.jpg

These are the best photos I could get, sorry for the poor quality.

Thank you.
Pics are pretty dark. If it is just that one spot, I would wait to see what develops. These blennies have a history of starving to death, despite seemingly eating well. Feed them multiple times a day to fullness.

Jay

OP
OP
B

Belwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics are pretty dark. If it is just that one spot, I would wait to see what develops. These blennies have a history of starving to death, despite seemingly eating well. Feed them multiple times a day to fullness.

Jay
Thanks for the feeding advice. I've been feeding 3 times a day, but small amounts that he usually misses so I'll try to up that. Finally got a better picture since he has learned who turns the food spigot on.
20220101_095540.jpg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just chuck food to him. If he starts spitting it out, or loses interest, stop feeding for a time and try later on in the day.

Jay

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back