• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Blyxa japonica yellowing and fragile.

si walker

Hi all.
Planted the Blayxa about 2 months ago. It was a bit ragged from the pot (1-2 grow) which I was a bit disappointed by after removing a few leaves it really took off well and went an amazingly bright green.
Over the last few weeks it has started to yellow and become very fragile and kind of start to melt back I guess.
If you have had any experiences like this please let me know so that I can make some adjustments.
The tank is heavily stacked with plants and when I noticed the yellowing of the plant, I tried putting a Tropica root tab below one to see if it helped (3 weeks ago) it hasn't done any harm but no visible change.
I will list my tank set up and dosing below. Maybe the Easy Carbo daily dose will raise some red flags, which I will make another post about as I am thinking of stopping?

35 Litre Dennerle Aquascapers. Set up for over a year.
External filter/heater
Two clip on Aquael Leddy lights. Covered some of the LEDs to assist with the GSA battle plan.
Tropica (green) -0.5ml per day
Fosfo (Easy Life PO4) -1ml per day (experimenting with dose, to combat GSA on Anubias)
Liquid Carbon (Easy Life) -0.7 ml per day

Many thanks for reading!
Simon.

Attachments

• IMG_20220208_222422885.jpg
    IMG_20220208_222422885.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 283
Blyxa doesn’t do well with glut products and really needs a “real” co2 source to get the best out of it.

Thank you for your reply!
Funny thing is that I have a large spare plant jar that I sling off cuts into etc.
It has aqua soil and the weakest little light plonked ontop for 12 hours aday. No ferts no filter nothing and every plant i have ever grown goes mad in there. No algae at all.
Drives me mad!! and i love it!
I am thinking of winding down the Glute but thats for another post!

Thank you.

Back