• Investor
  • Waterloo, Ontario
Votes |
Water Submetering Solution, Pass along costs to tenants

Dan Illes
  • Investor
  • Waterloo, Ontario
Posted Oct 25 2021, 13:07

Good afternoon real estate investor friends.

I’ve been using this water submetering system in small multifamily properties to much success and wanted to share.

When you can submeter water and pass the costs along to tenants, you increase the net operating income of your asset, which in turn makes your property more valuable.

One of the biggest benefits to such a system is gaining greater control over your property. When you can see the daily water consumption of your property, you can know certain things such as when an unwanted guest moves in, or a unit is left unoccupied. Another benefit to tracking water usage is being alerted to potential leaks or pesky things we all experience such as a continually running toilet.

Many landlords attempt to submeter water by installing water meters and having tenants, property managers or themselves physically read the water meters on site. This system publishes the daily, weekly or monthly consumption to the internet for you to view at anytime.

For more information, please see my website. WaterBillSolutions.com
I currently have a number of these units along with water meters available for purchase.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions. 226-929-0214

Thanks,

Dan Illes

Loading replies...